Orthotics a branch of medical artificial custom devices used as a support like a brace or splint to support, prevent or correct the function of moveable parts of the body.
We understand that wearing an orthosis can be challenging. Here we have innovative orthotics to offer to accommodate your unique needs. It can relate to many circumstances like an injury, surgery, a degenerative condition or disease, we are here to assist you. At Adaptive Prosthetics & Orthotics our practitioners will work with you and your healthcare providers to fit you with the devices that best support your mobility.
Some of our lower extremity orthoses include:
- Foot Orthoses or “Foot Orthotics” (FO)
- Ankle Foot Orthoses (AFO)
- Knee Orthoses (KO)
- Knee Ankle Foot Orthoses (KAFO)
- Hip Orthoses (HO)
- Hip Knee Ankle Foot Orthoses (HKAFO)
- Reciprocating Gait Orthoses (RGO)
Upper Extremity Orthoses
An upper extremity orthotic device is used to support the wrist, hand, elbow, arm, and shoulder. At Adaptive we can offer both custom made and pre-fabricated orthotics to stabilize patients and help in their healing process after surgery. Call and schedule an appointment discuss pre- planning and products that may be helpful to you.
Some of our upper extremity orthoses include:
- Shoulder Orthoses
- Elbow Orthoses (EO)
- Wrist Hand Orthoses (WHO)
- Wrist Hand Finger Orthoses (WHF)
Spinal braces can also be referred to as back braces: Spinal braces can help realign, immobilize and help strengthen weakened areas of the spine.
Some of our spinal orthoses are:
- Cervical Orthoses
- Cervical Thoracic Lumbral Sacral Orthoses (CTLSO)
- Thoracic Lumbral Sacral Orthoses (TLSO)
- Lumbral Sacral Orthoses (LSO)